Search This Blog

Sunday, May 13, 2012

May 13th

May 13 is the 134th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. If the ancient Mayans were correct, there are 222 days remaining until the end of time.




1917 1st appearance of Mary to 3 shepherd children in Fatima, Portugal, who were probably doing something they weren’t supposed to be doing
1950 Diner's Club issues its 1st credit cards
1952 Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru becomes prime minister of India after Gandhi lets him see him without his pants
1966 Rolling Stones release "Paint it Black" and record "Satisfaction". Here is a black guy who looks ready to be satisfied.
1981 Mehmet Ali Agca shoots Pope John Paul II in St. Peter's Square to test that miracle-thingy
1992 Final episode of "Night Court" airs on NBC-TV
2005 The gayest series in the franchise, Star Trek: Enterprise broadcasts it's final show in the U.S.



1907 Dame Daphne du Maurier, Lady Browning, bisexual novelist/playwright/short story writer, but she didn't write about her relationship with Gertrude Lawrence 
1911 Robert Middleton, maybe gay US actor 
1914 Joe Louis, US heavyweight boxer/Brown Bomber 
1922 Beatrice Arthur, US comedian/actress/Pussycat
1928 Édouard Molinaro, maybe gay French director/writer (La Cage aux Folles)
1931 Jim Jones, charismatic bisexual US religious cult leader (Peoples Temple/Jonestown)/Kool-Aid advocate 
1939 Harvey Keitel, US actor 
1944 Armistead Maupin, gay US writer (Tales of the City) 
1954 Peter Onorati, US actor 
1955 Dick Fisk, gay US actor <le sigh> 
1957 Alan Ball, gay US writer/producer/director/Six Feet Under 
1961 Dennis Rodman, eccentric US  basketball player/actor 
1964 Ronnie Coleman, US bodybuilder/obvious steroid abuse victim 
HRH Prince Carl Philip, Duke of Värmland, eligible Swedish bachelor with money and jewelry
1981 Nicolas Jeanjean, French rugger/Dieux du Stade model 
1981 Thomas Lode, French rugger/Dieux du Stade model 
1982 Oguchi Onyewu, US soccer player 
1986 Robert Pattinson, maybe gay English actor/Twilight vampire 
1987 Hunter Parrish, US actor 



2000 Paul Bartel, maybe gay US director/actor (Eating Raoul), escapes from LA
2006 Johnnie Wilder, Jr., maybe gay US singer (Boogie Nights), can now be remembered fondly always and forever
2011 Derek Boogaard, Canadian hockey enforcer (Minnesota Wild, New York Rangers), gets iced.




2 comments:

Xotan said...

Hello, I am Danglers, a onetime member of another site, many of whose other former members seem to be here. I look in here from time to time and enjoy the pics. I left the other site at the end of january when my subscription ran out, although I could still visit and even contribute, if I wished. But I chose not to. I'm not into freeloading. A few days ago I decided to look in on that other site. It seems to be gone! I can't say I am surprised. It had nothting to offer for the almost $60 year subscription - that was my reason for leaving. But there were still some who were good enough to keep the site moving. It was really an impossible task. If the site really has had the plug pulled, it vindicates my decision to leave. I did feel bad about it having been a member since I first went on the internet in about 1995. I feel even worse for the few who were clinging on hoping for a revival. I feel worst of all the loss of something that Marvin Jones worked to make into one of the most significant gay sites for those with an interest in film. His legacy has been allowed to fail.

When my life settles down, I hope to be a more frequent visitor here.

Danglers (that was)

crashstlmo said...

Hope life is treating you well, Danglers, and you are always welcome here. <3
HV-Online is still up and running, but it is a mere shadow of its former self. More's the pity. . .

Crash